“MAGIC (5.30.19) The Big Tone Collection (BIG SHOES IN STORES 6.7.19” is the latest DJ mix released by House Shoes on MixCloud. This mix is 01:20:38 mins long. If you dig this mix, then check out more of House Shoe’s mixes his mixcloud page.
1. Intro(Drought) 2. ComeMyWay(Drought) 3. GetUp! w/ 87/Quelle(Drought)
4. Homage(Big Shoes) 5. FascinatingGrass w Quelle Chris/Roc Marci/87(Being You Is Great)
6. It’zAWrap w PhatKat(Undeniable) 7. ASongCalledTriumph w Blu(Art Of Ink)
8. NoGuestList w QuelleChris(Big Shoes) 9. RapStars w Phal & Beej(Drought)
10. Squo(Art Of Ink) 11. Folktale(Art Of Ink) 12. Time w House Shoes(Let It Go)
13. Roses&Daffodills 14. MurdaWax w Havana 15. What’sUp w/ Dwele(Drought)
16. Perseverence w Finale(Odds and Ends) 17. ChickenFeed 18. FromMyMouthToGodsEars
(Big Shoes) 19. Nobody w Monica Blaire(Olio) 20. TheSetup(2 Minds,1 Block)
21. It’sLikeThat w Lacks (W2D) 22. PartyCrasher 23. Mine 24. Sleepers w Loose Cannon
(2 Minds,1 Block) 25. GetOver w Dwele (2 Minds,1 Block) 26. Chocolate w L’Renee (Art Of Ink)
27. House Call w Quelle Chris (Everything’s Fine) 28. StillWasted w WastedYouth(Shotgun&SleekRifle)
29. US w WastedYouth,Baatin 30. Peace,Progress,God Bless(Art Of Ink) 31.WatchMe(Drought)
Hip hop,Underground Hip Hop,Hip-Hop/Rap,Soul
This dj mix by House Shoes has been favorited 66 times so far.
About House Shoes
House Shoes’ crucial role in the development of Detroit hip-hop was fully understood only by those who closely witnessed the DJ/producer’s activities as an artist and advocate. Born Michael Buchanan, House Shoes grew up in Lathrup Village, a small city surrounded by the Detroit suburb of Southfield. From the mid-’90s through the early 2000s, he was a resident DJ at Detroit’s St. Andrew’s Hall. He worked at several record shops in and around the D, including Melodies & Memories and Street Corner Music. Slowly but surely, he gained production credits for the likes of Common Ground, Proof, and Elzhi. Through House Shoes Recordings, he released Phat Kat’s J Dilla-produced “Dedication to the Suckers,” a ten-track compilation of rare Dilla mixes and productions titled Jay Dee Unreleased, and The House Shoes Collection, Vol. 1: I Got Next — a two-CD set featuring material from Slum Village, Guilty Simpson, Royce da 5’9″, Lacks, Dabrye, and several others, with some material produced by House Shoes himself. As a deejay, House Shoes also went on the road with many of the above-mentioned artists, as well as Aloe Blacc and Mayer Hawthorne. Production-wise, House Shoes — who eventually relocated to Los Angeles — was never one to flood the market, though his output increased around 2010-2012. This resulted in an album, Let It Go, issued on the Tres label in June 2012.